I love the sense of humor my son is developing. He's enjoying literal humor and sarcasm, sometimes we even enjoy it too. Digging out of overflow laundry situation means putting my workhorse huge front loading washer & drier to work. I think every family should skip the heavy duty machines & invest in proper super sized machines, they are sooooo worth it. I have to remember to check pockets carefully or it means those machines become tumblers for rocks, paper clips, super stubby pencils, candy wrappers, sticks, and all other manner of flotsam. I picked up his jacket & thought it was surprisingly heavy, better check everything. Once I started I couldn't seem to get to the end of it. On second inspection, I find a jacket AND a vest, each zipped to the other in a continuous garment! They were arranged to seem as if the vest was over the jacket because the jacket was inside out. Another one of his arrangements, smile!
After dinner in front of the TV it was my son's turn to take the dishes & load them into the dishwasher. He starts pushing the TV table to the kitchen. I asked why would he do that. His reply was to put it in the dishwasher. He was really thinking to put the TV table into the dishwasher! He was embarrassed when teased that the table won't fit once he realized his goof.
Next phase of the evening, shower time. Usual obnoxious dancing around, delaying, not on task performance. Pet the cat, read some Calvin & Hobbes, dance around some, jump & touch every door frame in his path... Bellowing erupts, to "GET YOUR ASS INTO THE SHOWER, NOW!" Naked & bouncing, he hops into the bathroom, butt first.