| This is a Dr Dreadful (gross) candy making kit. |
My misadventures parenting a child with Auspergers Autism. By reading this blog you agree to not plagiarize, slander or distort the content of this blog. I do not claim to be an expert, these are my thoughts & observations as they come to me so I can make sense of them. If my insights help someone else struggling, then I have succeeded at sharing some knowledgeable experience & understanding with the world.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Xrays
Good news, MrD does not have Osgood-Schlatter Disease (Knee Pain) according to the xrays everything is normal. Bad news is, what is it? So we wait, we limp, he misses out on gym class, and Taekwando, and gets more & more pent up. I have been challenging him with lots of tutoring. He also has to do a minimum 30 minutes a day of typing tutor before he gets any computer time. He's really resistant to the typing tutor, so I have to stand my ground & mention there will be no video games until the TT time is done. I set the expectation, stood my ground, and he's up to 10 words/minute. Score one for Mom! I figure if he needs to rest, his brain needs to be kept active. In 4 weeks we revisit the doctor & see what happens next. Fingers crossed this goes away soon, this boy needs to be kept busy!
This candy making set has nothing to do with tattle tales. It's great for encouraging a bath for relaxing & soaking with a sore knee. It is a great bathtub play set, just be sure to get rid of 50% of the candy before handing it to a child, unless you like peeling children off the ceiling!