Sunday, June 12, 2011

Evidence of thinking

Every day there is interesting little findings of some sort or another in (sometimes) surprising places.  Yesterday I asked my son to bring the laundry hamper downstairs.  My belt was on the floor & I asked him to pick it up but not to put it into the laundry.  Because I didn't specify where the belt should go, this was what I found.
I have no idea why my belt was arranged like this.  Go ahead, I dare ya to open any of those drawers.  The only one you would be able to access is the top one, unless you have to removed the arranged belt.  I find similar arrangements, often more complicated than this one, fairly regularly.  Its especially maddening when I need to be somewhere at a certain time & I find these snarls in the way.  I don't know why these complicated arrangements appear.  When my boy was very young it used to be a nuclear meltdown situation if I messed with one.  Then as he grew older, he would just re-arrange & make it again.  I've been mostly lucky that sometimes now he forgets why he's done this & if the arrangement vanishes its not a big deal.  Mostly now I laugh when I find these arrangements, because they are evidence of my son's imaginative thinking.